Odd behavior on cross tenant dialing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy J. McGary

Jul 21, 2017
Some time ago I had posted a question on cross-tenant dialing. I was able to achieve the cross tenant dial, and to avoid the problem of getting voicemail for a "matching extension' on other domain (If I dialed from Ext 102 on one domain to Ext 102 on another it would go straight to voicemail).

I did the following:
1) set a condition test to look for and then strip a leading digit (^1(\d{3})$)
2) set the caller_id_number field to include a return cross domain dial (effective_caller_id_number=2${effective_caller_id_number}) and (caller_id_number=2${caller_id_number})
3) set to dial domain (domain_name=pbx.XXXXXXX.net)
4. execute call ($1 XML ${domain_name})

All works as planned, unless the call goes unanswered and then it always transfers to time out location of voicemail of the calling, not called, domain.. I think there must be a setting/variable that defines the domain for the receiving voicemail domain. Example. If I dial 1102 the call will ring (as planned) on Ext 102 of second domain. If there is an extension in 102 in the calling (first) domain, then the voice mail answers and takes a message. Wrong domain. If there is not an extension 102 in the calling domain, then it quits ringing and goes busy.

I see a routine "IsLocal", but I think that is for localizing full telephone number calls?

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.