Odd RTP Issue has me stumped

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrosetto

Apr 29, 2020
Reaching out to see if anyone can give me direction to diagnose an odd RTP issue.

Lets start with the setup.

I am running a cloud compute instance on Vultr with 2CPU's and 4GB of ram. FusionPBX 4.5.17 and FreeSWITCH 1.10.3 (64bit). Also FreeSWITCH DB is running in RAM.
Network infrastructure seems to be stable on both sides as far as I can tell.

I currently have 4 tenants on the system which totals about 60 extensions that could be active at any given time.

The issue is that while on random calls for long periods of time the A and B leg become out of sync. The time it happened to me it went from a perfect call to roughly an 8 second delay from me talking and the other end acknowledging what I said. There was no jitter or dropped packets in the audio, it was crystal clear but extremely delayed.

Also in wireshark with the RTP streams I see random streams that have huge packet loss
1602186109357.png

If someone can point me in the right direction or have an idea on something to try to solve the issue I am having I would really appreciate it as I have been banging my head against a wall for some time now.

If anyone needs more information please let me know and I would be more than happy to provide whatever you need.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Last edited:

jrosetto

Apr 29, 2020
Finally made the plunge and upgraded Freeswitch to the latest version and the oddities I was facing have completely cleared up.

Status
Not open for further replies.