OpenSips in front of ASTPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

smn

Jul 18, 2017
This is not really a fusionpbx question other than the fact it relates to freeswitch. I am planning to use OpenSips as a proxy, load balancer and for HA in front of a cluster of ASTPP billing servers.

I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions how to do this or of any potential gotchas. So far, I am using the OpenSips script to generate the Load Balancer config file and have that working. All inbound goes through OpenSips. So DID's and customers. All outbound goes directly from ASTPP to the SIP trunk provider(s). ASTPP does all the authentication, billing, CDR etc. Is that the best way to do this?

Wondering if I should I try run everything through OpenSips including outbound and maybe handle all subscribing/authentication in OpenSips even though that's a more complicated setup that needs more customization? Or maybe have DID go directly to ASTPP? I can create failover with my DID provider so it can try sequentially go through at least 3 different IP's. So I can get high availability that way on DID connecting directly to ASTPP.

There are a few different ways to do things on OpenSips and a few different ways to connect OpenSips with Freeswitch, so I am not sure which is the most correct way. I am not doing anything with media on ASTPP so there are no media issues as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

jrosetto

Apr 29, 2020
I am currently starting this adventure as well. Do you have any pointers for me at this point :).

Status
Not open for further replies.