Other multi tenant pbx

Status
Not open for further replies.

sokalsondha

Nov 6, 2019
Hello
Happy new year everyone.
I am just wondering is any other free switch based pbx system in the market?
Like fusionpbx?

With multi tenant support?
Paid or open source

Looking for recommendations

Thanks

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
When I started FusionPBX there were 7 or 8 interfaces for FreeSWITCH. This is the most complete list I've seen.
It takes enormous dedication, effort, money and time to make and to keep improving a project like this year after year after year. That is why so many of the previous projects have eventually been abandoned.

Today is Saturday December 31st today I've reviewed and Accepted 8 pull requests for FusionPBX and fixed one minor bug. Several of the member applications have been open sourced. Some of those were added to the main project directly some are optional and you can see on github at this link. https://github.com/fusionpbx

Last edited:
Reactions: falk

sokalsondha

Nov 6, 2019
thanks mark for your kind response..
i am trying to use fusionpbx since 2019 . its a great product. really a great . but its little hard to use by user.
i am using WHMCS system for my invoicing for some projects. whmcs has a nice thing which is we can customise the customer or admin portal by modify the tpl files.

so basically in the source there is a folder templates.. and if you have 5 template like red, green, blue, purple, yellow (these are template folder name)
or you can add many more.

all we have to do is from the admin panel we just switch the template. and customer portal template changed.
so even we update the code from source these customs templates files never get changed.

can you not think about something like this?
fusionpbx is powerful no doubt but if you let us to customise the admin/user template will be really great

thanks mark and happy new year.....

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
As far as hard for the user there are several hundred permissions you can withhold so that the user has less options.

I am aware of the template approach in fact the fusionpbx browser based install uses it. The install can also be used to recover access in case you forget the superadmin password. Your request is not a small project its one I've considered for years but not have time to do yet.

Customers not willing to wait for this use the FusionPBX Official Rest API and make a customer facing interface using it.

Last edited:

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I think it largely depends on your customer base too.

Between the companies I support there are about 2000 domains and thousands of extensions.

I would say that probably 95% of them have never heard of FusionPBX.

What I'm saying is that 95% of our customers just want to make phone calls and they have never even logged into FusionPBX, nor would they wish to.

FusionPBX is a complex beast, get to know it inside out and the flexibility and capability you have exceeds anything I have seen on the market to date.

I have tried all sort of offerings both commercial and open source. Sooner or later with commercial products I come across some 'black box' issue or other where I cannot get the PBX to do something as I have no access to the source code.

Having been involved with the project for over 10 years now, its amazing to see the progress that has been made.

Patience is the key, it will continue to rise.

Just my two cents worth :)

Reactions: falk

KNERD

Jun 29, 2022
Hello
Happy new year everyone.
I am just wondering is any other free switch based pbx system in the market?
Like fusionpbx?

With multi tenant support?
Paid or open source

Looking for recommendations

Thanks
There is open source Kazoo by 2600Hz, but they are not the most friendly/helpful people.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I think kazoo these days is an open source shell to sell commercial addons that give it functionality

KNERD

Jun 29, 2022
I think kazoo these days is an open source shell to sell commercial addons that give it functionality
Kazoo is a shell for sure these days, but not for selling addons.

Version 5 was due around three years ago. Next they you know, they delisted it from Open Source, and said they wanted to give priority to a market store so they and others could sell addons. That has not appeared either.

Their lack of updates, and putting anything out is starting to show. Their forum has even died off because of their own lack of doing anything, no updates, and almost no help. There have been only a couple of new posting in their forum in the past two months.

In addition, their "Quarterly" News report has not seen a release since July 2022.

I guess their market store will probably end up like their Blue.Box project.

topogigio

Jun 17, 2019

KAZOO master (5.x) is closed at the moment​

Development of KAZOO 5.x is currently closed to public commits as we prepare the infrastructure necessary for the app exchange.

and all code has not been updated after last August. I think is not "live" currently.

KNERD

Jun 29, 2022

KAZOO master (5.x) is closed at the moment​

Development of KAZOO 5.x is currently closed to public commits as we prepare the infrastructure necessary for the app exchange.

and all code has not been updated after last August. I think is not "live" currently.

That "app exchange" has been in the works for at least over three years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.