Outbound Routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

galactic

Jun 26, 2019
Hi All

I have a weird scenario that i need a work around for

I have multiple gateways that can only make 1x outbound call so i need the outbound trunk to follow my order if the 1st route has been utilized

Below are the steps i have taken to try to get this to work but it wont allow the 2nd call

I have set each gateway to only 1 concurrent call

Outbound Route is setup as below

Gateway = outbound1
Expression = ^(\d{10})$
Limit = 1
Order = 100

Gateway = Outbound2
Expression = ^(\d{10})$
Limit 1
Order = 110

What i need it fusion to do is when a extension attempts to make a outbound call it jumps down the list of routes till one is available or if there is none it rejects
currently if the 1st route is in use 2nd call attempt is rejected

Note: I cant use the alternate feature due to the the sip provider does not send any rejection.

galactic

Jun 26, 2019
Wish it was that easy - Customer in a pickle with contracts with their current setup too much in the thousands to cancel.

So do we have any ideas how to get this to work....

yois

Jul 14, 2020
Can you set the "Channels" option (in advanced) on the Gateway to 1... So once there's one channel it will attempt the next Gateway?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Just set the other gateways as alternates in the outbound route, that should do it as if it fails on the first it should just continue on to the second etc.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Just set the other gateways as alternates in the outbound route, that should do it as if it fails on the first it should just continue on to the second etc.
They said they can't use alternatives because the SIP provider does not send any rejection... Seems very strange to me.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
The SIP provider doesn't send any rejection? Surely that cannot be right, the provider must answer with something?

galactic

Jun 26, 2019
Its a werid setup where it will allow multiple outbound but technically its not allowed to - Provider sends early media saying no channels etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.