Outgoing audio not working (but was)

Status
Not open for further replies.

extrascope

Jun 23, 2019
Hi, any advice with my problem please.
I have a FusionPBX installed on a VPS with external IP and everything was working for a week. Our office phones are NAT'd through a draytek router. The phones are a mixture of Linksys, Cisco and Yealink. The Yealink ones are sometimes working.
Suddenly, the audio on outbound calls is missing. When you dial out, there is no ring tone and no sound when the call is answered.
Incoming calls work perfectly.
I have done some basic reboots of our router and of FusionPBX and that hasn't fixed the problem.
I'm not sure where to look in the logs. I have attached a set for a typical non-functioing outbound call.

Attachments

• freeswitch.txt
    49.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

extrascope

Jun 23, 2019
This is almost always a NAT issue. I would reference the following and verify that you have your external IP variables set correctly in FusionPBX and that SIP ALG is disabled on your Draytek.

https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/additional_information/nat.html

I would also make sure you are registering your endpoints via TCP rather than UDP as TCP is less prone to NAT issues.

The PBX server has a public IP address so no NAT. NAT is only at the handset side. I have disabled SIP ALG on the draytek router already.
Banging head on wall at the moment.

extrascope

Jun 23, 2019
Just found the cause of the problem :)
Our sip provider does not use a registered trunk. We added a range of IP addresses into the ACL list but on inspecting the logs, I noticed that the ip address in there was not in that range of IPs. I checked iptables -L -n and found some in there that were being rejected so I removed them and now it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.