Outgoing CallerID on Follow me calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBTech

Jul 28, 2017
I'm not getting caller id passed thru to cellphones with follow me feature enabled for extensions.

This is in the call log for callerid, anyone see this before?
caller_id "-ERR" <-ERR>

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
No, that looks like the sort of error memcache returns, can you get a fuller log please

SBTech

Jul 28, 2017
I have my cell phone setup as a follow me for my extension. When you call my DID that goes straight to the extension the callerid on my cellphone is the callers as expected.
when a did goes thru a ring group, the callerid generates the error in the callerid.

SBTech

Jul 28, 2017
fixed by commenting out these lines in follow_me.php

else {
//set the outbound caller id number if the caller id number is a user
//$dial_string .=',origination_caller_id_number=${cond(${from_user_exists} == true ? ${outbound_caller_id_number} : ${origination_caller_id_number})}';
//$dial_string .=',effective_caller_id_number=${cond(${from_user_exists} == true ? ${outbound_caller_id_number} : ${effective_caller_id_number})}';
//$dial_string .=',origination_caller_id_name=${cond(${from_user_exists} == true ? ${outbound_caller_id_name} : ${origination_caller_id_name})}';
//$dial_string .=',effective_caller_id_name=${cond(${from_user_exists} == true ? ${outbound_caller_id_name} : ${effective_caller_id_name})}';
}

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
Hello,

Not sure if it's the right thing to do replying to a thread that's just over a year old, but I've got exactly the same issue now!

I discovered it when using follow me from a Call Center, it seems to work fine from Ring Groups now!

The exact same fix as suggested by @SBTech still applies, as I just made that change and it worked. However, I have reverted it as I'm less than happy to be changing the PHP code on the fly, especially if we can contribute a long-term fix.

https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx/blob/master/app/calls/resources/classes/follow_me.php

The file is still showing the same code in the latest release. Does anyone know FreeSWITCH enough to figure out a reliable dial string so that when calls are passed from the Call Center, it doesn't try (and breaks) the caller ID info?

Here's the code once again to clarify:

PHP:
else {
    //set the outbound caller id number if the caller id number is a user
    $dial_string .=',origination_caller_id_number=${cond(${from_user_exists} == true ? ${outbound_caller_id_number} : ${origination_caller_id_number})}';
    $dial_string .=',effective_caller_id_number=${cond(${from_user_exists} == true ? ${outbound_caller_id_number} : ${effective_caller_id_number})}';
    $dial_string .=',origination_caller_id_name=${cond(${from_user_exists} == true ? ${outbound_caller_id_name} : ${origination_caller_id_name})}';
    $dial_string .=',effective_caller_id_name=${cond(${from_user_exists} == true ? ${outbound_caller_id_name} : ${effective_caller_id_name})}';
}

If I can get any help with this, I'd be happy to then submit a Pull Request on GitHub?

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
Bump

I'd love to make some progress on this - uncommenting them lines in the PHP code fixes the issue - but I'd like to figure out what in the above code is breaking caller ID when forwarding from a call center queue to FollowMe. It works when originating through a Ring Group, just not on the Call Center Queue.

Does anyone have any ideas/pointers?

Thanks!

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
What version of FusionPBX are you using? The version is listed on the dashboard or status -> system status.

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
It's definitely an issue with how the PHP code is configuring FreeSWITCH as shown above, is there a different format we can use so the CID doesn't error out?

Removing that bit of PHP fixes it, but I don't want to have to worry about upgrading by butchering random bits of code :)

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Master branch no longer uses that bit of code that is quoted and follow me has been changed significantly.

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
Ah OK, so just an upgrade of the source code via the Admin panel is needed? Or a full upgrade of everything? I'm already on 4.4 you see!

Thanks again guys :D

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
FusionPBX 4.4 release was April 2018 and next release will be before April 2019 hopefully before the end of 2018. Master branch is already starting to make 4.4 look old in comparison several people are using the master branch so they can get access to the new features.

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
That's exciting! Is there a proper / preferred process to follow to move to the master branch? Just want to ensure we don't run into any problems with future upgrades :)

Status
Not open for further replies.