Outgoing calls from a direct number

Status
Not open for further replies.

reap.virtue

Mar 2, 2023
Hello i have a sip trunk and i spoke the the supplier and they say i need to make that i the calls should go out from a ddi and not from the trunk is that something someone can help me with?

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Set the relevant number in the Outbound Caller ID Number field on the extension.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
You'll have to use sngrep to capture what you are sending, and what the carrier is rejecting because that is how it works.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019

Run sngrep, check your INVITE messages. Is it being sent in a form that your carrier needs? Some want E164, some want local presentation, some want it in the RPID, some in the PAID fields, etc.

Alternatively, ask your carrier if it's incorrect.

DavidDec

Jan 30, 2020
United Kingdom
Go to your gateway and hit advanced, and fill in the sip CID type, we had an issue with Gamma telecom failing to supply the correct DDI to the emergency services until we entered the below.

1678271971457.png

reap.virtue

Mar 2, 2023
I was just on the phone with them and they asked me to disable pid is that anything your familiar with?

After looking into a trace for one of your outbound calls, we can see that you are allowing a Remote-Party-ID, which we do not support, as well as that you are not sending a P-Asserted-Identity Header

DavidDec

Jan 30, 2020
United Kingdom
I was just on the phone with them and they asked me to disable pid is that anything your familiar with?

After looking into a trace for one of your outbound calls, we can see that you are allowing a Remote-Party-ID, which we do not support, as well as that you are not sending a P-Asserted-Identity Header
They are saying you are sending them a rpid instead of pid or paid try the above, then stop and start the gateway and try the call again.

reap.virtue

Mar 2, 2023
Set it to pid caller ID should always display as what is set on the extension unless an outbound route overwrites it

It all depends on what the provider is expecting.
They see the symptoms aren’t supported with PID as mentioned earlier

reap.virtue

Mar 2, 2023
I read that as them saying you aren't sending the right header.
Hello I am able to make calls but it called $1 I don’t know what that means but if I dial a number it calls some random number and doesn’t call the number I called and on the call log of the phone it says I called $1

Status
Not open for further replies.