Outgoing Calls Work, Incoming Calls Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilead

Oct 29, 2018
California
@Matthew Main, I am not prepared to disagree. Historically I have deployed Asterisk/FreePBX and believe FusionPBX would be a great solution. But I cannot get it running, cannot locate the configuration error, and am willing to make the credentials available if someone would like to troubleshoot.

I will eventually attempt the installation again with another host if @Starblazer and others do not have solutions. My SIP provider uses IP auth so it will take time.

Starblazer

Nov 3, 2018
i did some more digging thru the logfile. Did you actually stop and restart freeswitch via the command line? I see that the server is still trying to communicate RTP via the internal IP:

Code:
   o=FreeSWITCH 1540821420 1540821421 IN IP4 172.26.10.101
   s=FreeSWITCH
   c=IN IP4 172.26.10.101
   t=0 0

Reactions: markjcrane

Reptilead

Oct 29, 2018
California
I believe @Starblazer identified the problem. While being hosted on AWS Lightsail, a default FusionPBX identified itself as having two domains, one for the public and one for the private IP address. Potentially as a result, I was never able to get FusionPBX to return the public RTP addr no matter how hard I tried to hack it.

I set up a new server on DigitalOcean (same OS and ver), and the default install worked properly immediately.

Thank you all for all of your help!

Reactions: markjcrane

Starblazer

Nov 3, 2018
Yeah, when you work on the public cloud, it's very hard to get it to work correctly. You have to hack it quite hard to get it to return the public IP. I'm sorry I forgot everything I hacked to get mine to work on google cloud, but mine works just great on google cloud, short of having to have higher resources for the occasional hiccup when I've got a couple of customers calling at the same time.

I'm moving to my own hardware now so that won't be an issue anymore. Hooray for more provisioning fun!

EGL

Jul 6, 2018
Yeah, when you work on the public cloud, it's very hard to get it to work correctly. You have to hack it quite hard to get it to return the public IP. I'm sorry I forgot everything I hacked to get mine to work on google cloud, but mine works just great on google cloud, short of having to have higher resources for the occasional hiccup when I've got a couple of customers calling at the same time.

I'm moving to my own hardware now so that won't be an issue anymore. Hooray for more provisioning fun!

Please guys I have similar issue.

I'm completely new on fusionpbx bit realise I could get help here.

My issue is this...

I have installed fusionpbx on a raspberry pi 3B+ with a local IP 192.168.xxx.xxx. ( don't have a static public IP because is use a home router).
Then I registered the SIP provider's username and password as the gateway.

Now local calls work just fine as well as outbound calls to pstn but calls areven not coming in.

For the failed incoming calls, I don't get any cdr on the fusionpbx but on the providers side is the cdr. This means that the calls don't get to the pbx.

One other thing that may help in assisting me is that I set work this local network using mikrotik router. Could this be a firewall issue?

ahmedgc01

Sep 11, 2018
I checked all things that have been mentioned above to solve the problem of Incoming call to my DID number but in vain . log message is Sip external profile does not accept call from outside , it says " channel state destroy". configuration on Destination , dialplan and other like firewall and other firewalls all are OK . can anybody give solution to this problem , appreciated in advance .

Status
Not open for further replies.