outgoing cidlookup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeme

Apr 26, 2021
Hi,
just notice that when make a call from ext' to ext' (From 1001 to 1002) phone does not showing the ext' name of 1002.
we using Grandstream GXP2130, there is anything need to be set on phone for caller id lookup?
or is Fusionpbx does not return with extensions destination name?

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
As long as you have an entry in the Effective Caller ID Name, it should be sent alongside the number. Displaying it may be up to the phone, by default Yealinks display Name+Number, other phones might not and go purely on the directory. If you ran an sngrep on the server, you'll probably see the name sent in the packet to the phone to verify the PBX is in fact sending it in the FROM and the Remote-Party-Id field.

Love to help more, but I don't have any Grandstreams at all. There's probably a setting like 'Caller Display' or something.

Mikeme

Apr 26, 2021
Well, we do set "Effective Caller ID Name" in Ext' 1002.
once ext' 1001 calling to 1002 (which have name) , while ringing, the screen in 1001 does not showing the name of 1002
i have check the SIP message of the invite and after phone sending invite to FS, FS does not send back the caller id name.

in yealink phones, during i ringing the call Ext' are showing the Ext' name?
can you share sngrep log of this kind of call?

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Here you go, we hide the Outbound Name and Emergency, as they get clipped by the SIP trunk anyway so it's pointless setting them. The only thing I can possibly think of is that your phones are in the public context by mistake? I've seen this when the providers/domains ACL is set to the network where the phones are located so they don't auth properly....but I think you would also have to set the port to 5080 manually so it's unlikely.

1686586282873.png

1686586179950.png

Reactions: Mikeme

Mikeme

Apr 26, 2021
You talking about case of caller ID in the ringing ext'.
I'm taking about the caller that dial to other ext.
From your info, you are calling from 3078 to 3389,
In this case, while you having the ring back tone at 3078, are you able to see on phone screen the name of 3389?

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Well, the initial_callee_id_name wasn't set in local_extension, despite being in the template XML files. Not sure what happened there. I just stuck it in at 36:

initial_callee_id_name=${user_data(${dialed_extension}@${domain_name} var effective_caller_id_name)}

1686642122951.png

Anyway, tried it out and it doesn't seem to send the correct display name in the 183 despite being set. Neither does 'origination_callee_id_name', that just does nothing.

1686641143381.png

Might be one for the Signalwire forums instead, unless anyone else has got it working. (I personally just use the address book lookup for this purpose)

Reactions: Mikeme

Mikeme

Apr 26, 2021
Well, the initial_callee_id_name wasn't set in local_extension, despite being in the template XML files. Not sure what happened there. I just stuck it in at 36:

initial_callee_id_name=${user_data(${dialed_extension}@${domain_name} var effective_caller_id_name)}

View attachment 3449

Anyway, tried it out and it doesn't seem to send the correct display name in the 183 despite being set. Neither does 'origination_callee_id_name', that just does nothing.

View attachment 3448

Might be one for the Signalwire forums instead, unless anyone else has got it working. (I personally just use the address book lookup for this purpose)
How do you use address book lookup?

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
If you have remote phonebooks set up, it's the setting below.

In the templates it's:

features.remote_phonebook.enable = {$yealink_remote_phonebook_enable}

Attachments

• thumb1400.jpg
    thumb1400.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 10

Mikeme

Apr 26, 2021
If you have remote phonebooks set up, it's the setting below.

In the templates it's:

features.remote_phonebook.enable = {$yealink_remote_phonebook_enable}
That interesting, what it the url you put in the phone?
Is that pbx url?
Are you using the contact application in fusionpbx?

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
It's already in the templates: https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusion...ates/provision/yealink/t46u/y000000000108.cfg

Code:
{if isset($yealink_remote_phonebook_1_url) }
remote_phonebook.data.1.url =  {$yealink_remote_phonebook_1_url}
{else}
remote_phonebook.data.1.url = https://{if isset($http_auth_username)}{$http_auth_username}:{$http_auth_password}@{/if}{$domain_name}/app/provision/?file=directory.xml&contacts=users
{/if}

There's three address books in total, Users, Groups and Local Extensions.

Mikeme

Apr 26, 2021
so, if i understand correctly you sending URL (with or without authentication) to phone using provision app and set to phone xml downloadable link?
i would like to test it my self, i'm not using provisioning at all, I'll do it manually, please let me know more about this xml contact link from Fusionpbx.
where is the same option (i think) in GS phones.
gs_phonebook_mang.png

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Sorry, I don't touch Grandstreams. From your picture it looks like the field is right there under XML server path. Check the Grandstreams templates to see if the URL is any different.

Mikeme

Apr 26, 2021
Sorry, I don't touch Grandstreams. From your picture it looks like the field is right there under XML server path. Check the Grandstreams templates to see if the URL is any different.
Thank you.
In the yealink phone, you putting url of contact via provision?
If yes, can you share example of the url?

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
It's in my comment above: phonebook.data.1.url

Youll have to replace the variables manually if you aren't using provisioning.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Nothing FreeSwitch about it. It's FusionPBXs provisioning app.

You have to replace the variables with your own. No point me telling you my domain name or http_auth_password.

Status
Not open for further replies.