Paging dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
Hi,

I currently have a site with an Algo 8180 that pages through a speaker and also multicast to Yealink phones. I set up a speed dial button on everyone's desk that points to the Algo extension and everything works great.

Problem; they added a remote site that they connect to to via PfSense IPsec VPN. Of course multicast does not route so paging to that site is busted. I'm wondering what the best route might be and the only thing I can come up with is maybe an IGMP proxy but I'm not sure if the will work through an IPsec VPN. There's about 50 sets at site A and only a couple at site B . Reverting to traditional paging is probably not an option.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Some networking magic could probably get the multicast traffic through the VPN but you could use traditional paging group

if there are only a few phones at remote site I would just use traditional page group with the Algo and handful of remote phones. If there are enough remote phones to justify it you could add another Algo or similar paging adapter to send multicast at remote site(s)

Reactions: KonradSC

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
Update: The remote office only has two extensions, so I created a paging group under the dial plan manager (*724) that included the two remote extensions and the extension of the Algo at the main office. Works well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.