Password Change Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitchM

Jul 15, 2019
For some unknown reason, the FusionPBX password changed. I know I did not do it on purpose. So now I need to recover.

Going to the documentation, I followed the instructions for Password Reset, but the documentation contains errors as to what should happen and it appears impossible to recover.

I notice that the steps do not get me to the displays as shown. Evidently it is supposed to start over with the Select Language screen, but that does not appear.

What I get is Installation: Account, where I can put in the password. However, the next screen is Installation: PostgreSQL. Regardless of what is entered there, the next screen is an error message. 504 Gateway Time-out (nginx/1.14.2)

Can't seem to get around it and it doesn't match the documentation.

KitchM

Jul 15, 2019
I hate to tell you this, but the solution is to reinstall. It can be done much faster than trying to find a solution for a problem that is hard to pin down.

What I have been able to find out is that unintentional password changes can occur when filling in blanks. It is impossible for anyone less than an advanced user to know the inner workings of the system. And if the advanced users have never run across the problem, there will be no other solution.

In general, always let FusionPBX set the passwords automatically as you go along. That is one step. Mousing over a password field will display the contents which were automatically created by the software. I think it best if we don't mess around with these.

However, I realize that does not solve the original issue, but worked for me. Sorry I can't be more helpful than just being sympathetic to your pain. Best of luck.

KitchM

Jul 15, 2019
Sorry I couldn't do better at this point in time. I will learn and then I will pass it on then. Keep up the faith. You're doing great.

Status
Not open for further replies.