Passwords and Usernames

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitchM

Jul 15, 2019
There seems to be a little confusion over the use of passwords and usernames throughout the whole system.

My provider supplies a username, passcode and domain. FusionPBX (and FreeSWITCH) uses a username and passcode within the configuration. My Yealink base and phone uses a username and passcode too.

Are they supposed to be all the same?

The confusion comes in when we look at the line of communication as it goes from the provider thru the rest of the system and finally ends up at the handset. This would indicate that this is one user and password. Especially as one might wish to auto-provision the phone set.

And yet the pieces are individual, and not knowing how they will be connected together. Therefore, each step of the way (configuration-wise) would appear to be focused upon that particular component at that time.

Any insight is appreciated.

mat1010

Jun 8, 2019
Germany
My provider supplies a username, passcode and domain. FusionPBX
Those are the credentials that are being used in accounts > gateways

My Yealink base and phone uses a username and passcode too.
If you are referring to the line configuration within the yealink base, those are the accounts > extensions credentials

The confusion comes in when we look at the line of communication as it goes from the provider thru the rest of the system and finally ends up at the handset. This would indicate that this is one user and password.
The phone does not have to know which credentials are being used to send calls to the provider, this will be handled by your back to back user agent (b2bua) which is the freeswitch. The phone only needs to know how to send calls to your freeswitch / fusionpbx.

Status
Not open for further replies.