Phone works for short time after reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derick

Jun 21, 2018
Sydney Australia
Hi there,

I am using some Grandstream 2170s and some cell phones running the GSWave app. The GSWave apps never have any issues. But the 2170s stay registered but are unable to receive calls or a reboot from the FusionPBX server. If I reboot the phone manually then they work for a short period of time and break again. I have been trouble shooting for the last 4 hours. I was thinking maybe some kind of timeout issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Derick

Jun 21, 2018
Sydney Australia
They seem to be working now. The only thing I notice that is different is they are using port 5060 now like they should be.. How would I make sure that they always use this? I see the internal profile is set to use 5060.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Anything that works for a short period of time would indicate a NAT issue and a long registration period. Set your registration timers to 120 seconds.

Derick

Jun 21, 2018
Sydney Australia
Is there a way to do this on the server? Or would I do it on the phone? I changed it on the phone just not sure if there would be a way to do the server as well. It is still high on the server side.

Rubik

Jan 31, 2018
@Derick its a known issue with the Grandstream phones (especially if you are trying to make them working behind a firewall)
To solve it you would need to enable “keep options” should be under sip>basic settings

Make sure that you have the latest Firmware version

Reactions: Derick

elkato

Feb 25, 2017
Yes... normally NAT issue. We set different local SIP ports for the phone on our customers like 5062, 5064, 5066... We set the use of "rport" and keep alive method by sending OPTION packet by 20 or 30 seconds.

Reactions: Derick
Status
Not open for further replies.