Phones do not ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick_S

Oct 21, 2021
Hello all I am not sure if anyone else has had this issue or not but I have a client that wants 2 phones one for the office and one for the house with the same ext so for this scenario we will call it ext 100 I programmed both devices to that ext so in theory when we dial ext 100 both phones should ring since they both show as registered that being said neither phone will ring while both are registered but each one will work perfectly fine if the other is not online. Now when I call to test this I check under the operators panel and it shows it ringing but they are not. I have verified that DND is not turned on and there is not any forwarding in place so I am not sure why this happens.

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
A few questions here.
When you call the extension directly from another phone in the domain or by calling in and entering the extension in an IVR, do both phones ring?
Is the extension part of a Call Queue, Ring group, or Call center that you are using?
What is the call flow? Inbound call to the DID > where does the call go? > Next place?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Check your sip profile the phones are registered to. it needs the following to allow multiple devices to share an extension:
1660834295680.png

Status
Not open for further replies.