Poly vvx 450 Provisioning question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrosetto

Apr 29, 2020
So I am attempting to provision a polycom vvx 450 through the FusionPBX provisioning manager and I see it pulling the config but no changes are being made on the phone after it pulls the file so I have a few questions because this isn't the first phone that I have had issues with.

When this happens and there is already a provisioning template created should I expect it to work or if the phone is new enough is there a chance that I am going to have to make modifications to the template?

When creating my own templates is there a guide with the variables so I am not hard-coding everything on the template?

Are there any getting started guides on this as I am fairly new to FusionPBX. I am primarily using polycom and yealink at this point but I have attempted to use fanvil and grandstream without much success.

Thank in advance for any input you may have.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018

Best place to find additional variables for templates are in existing templates and Default Settings>Provision.

Also for the VVX450, you should be using the "polycom/5.x" template unless it has the Obi firmware. The vvx450 specific template in Fusion is for Obi firmware only.

Reactions: jrosetto

jrosetto

Apr 29, 2020
Gotcha. So polycom/5.x refers to the firmware version 5? Same goes for polycom/4.x and 3.x?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Correct.
Also, the 5.x template works fine for version 6.x firmware it just doesn't have the additional settings available in 6.x firmware

Reactions: jrosetto
Status
Not open for further replies.