Polycom phone Directory population

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounty

Aug 31, 2017
I have been trying very hard to figure this out.

I have Polycom VVX phones, mostly VVX 311's running 5.6.x and I would like to get the 'Directory' function of them to populate from the FusionPBX contacts.

I have done a lot of research and coming up with very little information so far. It seems there should be a 'directory' setting in Default Settings, Provision but I don't see it. I've tried creating it, setting it to True, and enabled, but no dice.

I have a feeling there may be other necessary factors as well, such as CFG file modifications. I would greatly appreciate some tips if anyone has advice.

Thank you.

Bounty

Aug 31, 2017
Yes. Enable contact_extensions under Default Settings.

One thing I don't like however is that now any unused line keys are populated as speed dials, showing the names of contacts in order of extension number. I haven't figured out how to prevent that yet as I don't see users wanting a small sample of contacts on their speed dials.

dougs

Mar 1, 2018
Yes. Enable contact_extensions under Default Settings.

One thing I don't like however is that now any unused line keys are populated as speed dials, showing the names of contacts in order of extension number. I haven't figured out how to prevent that yet as I don't see users wanting a small sample of contacts on their speed dials.

To stop them showing up as speed dials go into Advanced>Provision Editor and edit the {$mac}-directory.xml file for that template. Remove the line that has <sd>{$x}</sd>. That's what is setting it as a speed dial. I also removed the "Ring Tone" line too <rt>7</rt> b/c I don't want to force specific ringtones for internal calls.

Reactions: DigitalDaz

vcpbx2018

Dec 7, 2018
That's some really useful information. However, I was wondering if it was possible to populate the Polycom directory with Contacts instead of Extensions?

J.

Status
Not open for further replies.