Polycom provisioning firmware updates seem broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

twilley

Nov 16, 2021
I have never had success using the device.prov.upgradeServer parameter. Polycom forums and documentation seems to state that this only affects the firmware upgrade utility in the web interface, and breaks automatic firmware upgrades via provisioning.

I created a pull request a while back to add the APPLICATION tag to allow for firmware upgrades (https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx/pull/6146) but it needs some modification to bring it forward to the current master. In the meantime, it looks like someone has submitted a pull request (and it has been merged) that further complicates things by splitting the provisioning code for many models of Polycom devices to separate files.

Has anyone had success where I have failed, and if so, care to share how you got firmware updates to work for your Polycom phones?

twilley

Nov 16, 2021
I think I figured out what's going on. I have a bootstrap 000000000000.cfg file that my phones load via DHCP option 160 (to set things like the real provisioning server, and set an admin/user password on the device, etc.) which also had the following parameters:

Code:
device.prov.upgradeServer.set="1"
device.prov.upgradeServer=""

These appear to override the parameters provided by the provisioning server later on. I removed those two lines and factory-reset my test phone, and it now attempts to download the file based on the current provisioning code using device.prov.upgradeServer options.

I'll leave this in case it helps anyone else find an answer to this type of issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.