Polycom VVX losing subscription status/indicator on call flows

Status
Not open for further replies.

viiiwonder

Sep 24, 2022
We are continuing to investigate the usage of polycom vvx endpoints with fusion (under duress, not by choice). We very commonly use shared mailbox buttons, parking orbit buttons, and call flows as buttons whose status is indicated by their green/red status or just 'lit vs unlit'.

Everything works as expected on Yealink phones: if someone's in a parking orbit/lot/space then we see that button 'lit', and you can transfer to/from it successfully with the push of a button. Also, shared mailboxes lit when there are unheard VMs, etc., and call flows light up when their status is 'false'.

So far with a VVX 450, parking and a mailbox button work as expected and their lights work/stay working for extended periods.

However, with call flows, the VVX 450 is losing the 'status' of the call flow button after a period of time. (several hours) Meaning that basically overnight, when you return to the phone, the call flow light will be off, but in reality the call flow status will still be set to 'false' in the system. (reminder: the light is ON if the call flow status is 'false', meaning it's sending the call to the alternate destination in the call flow.) If you toggle a call flow true/then false (from the phone), then the light does what it should (lights up).

One other observation is that if the call flow status is changed from within the GUI, neither the polycom or the yealinks update properly. I thought that was strictly just a polycom issue, but latest tests prove otherwise, so this is less of a polycom concern, and probably needs a bug entered...

I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on what might be behind this, or how to cure? I've tried looking over what VVX documentation I can find to determine if they have some sort of info subscription refresh interval. Or perhaps the module/lua script which creates the status/info needs some love for polycoms?

Any info/assistance/wayfinding/experience here would be greatly appreciated.

junction1153

Jul 15, 2020
What version of FS?

are you rebooting FS overnight? I notice with polycom the BLF lights will go out of sync if FS is rebooted, until you reboot the polycom phone

also, have you tried shortening the subscribe time as well as the registration time under your polycom phone settings?

viiiwonder

Sep 24, 2022
I was still observing over the weekend on my test set before posting back here, but: I believe I figured it out. I realized that in the frenzy of testing/configuring the Polycom, I mistakenly used the call flow extension directly (e.g. *698). After digging in and reviewing the scripts/call flow subscription concepts that we fixed to enable this feature on Yealinks… that we typically subscribe to “flow+*698”.

I changed that a day ago and have been watching the phone on my side desk, and occasionally toggling the call flow. It seems to be behaving as normal now.

(Note: the button type is ‘automata’)

The confusion of figuring out the nuances of the polycoms must have really gotten to me!

Thanks for the response… I’m off to try to upgrade our instance to 5.1 today!

Jan 9, 2018
Make sure you have uncommented this line in /etc/freeswitch/autoload_configs/lua.conf.xml
XML:
<param name="startup-script" value="blf_subscribe.lua flow"/>
And restart.

I got in a hurry on my last install a couple of months ago and forgot this step, and it acted much like you describe.

Status
Not open for further replies.