Polycom VVX Series Provisioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

viiiwonder

Sep 24, 2022
We have a potential tenant with a large pool of existing Polycom VVX 450 phones, so I've been asked to 'verify' they will work. (We typically deploy Yealink T54s.)

I purchased a second hand vvx450 and have successfully connected it to our Fusion instance/provisioned it, but I am surprised at how, let's say 'unconventional' the feature key provisioning is. It's almost like it's an afterthought in the GUI, and I can't see any means by which you can reliably control the position of buttons - it's just 'first come first serve' button lists that populate down the left of the phone and then overflow to the right, including no ability to 'skip' buttons.

We just wanted to post here and ask the community if they had any tips/tricks on dealing with the Polycom VVX series (or are these nuances for Polycom universally?), and how to successfully provision them with buttons, particularly for features such as call flows.

It looks like we'll be able to use them, but they are certainly just 'odd' in some ways...

whut

Dec 23, 2022
I have not touched Poly in a long time given their "brilliant" decision not to update certificates. I am sure anyone still supporting the brand can provide more up to date information on that issue. They do keys differently than any other brands. This is Poly/Polycom firmware configuration and not a fusion oversight.

It takes time and experience to work effectively with the brand. For example, value= 3 on poly sets 3 keys to the type and label set.

Status
Not open for further replies.