Private/Blocked Caller ID passed through with call forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Methodz86

Apr 6, 2019
Hi Everyone,

This occurs with both extension call forward and follow me and also just a straight "Outbound Destination" as a mobile number.

I've set set up and IVR (without options) to play a greeting 2 minutes long and then timeout to a mobile number via either of the 3 methods mentioned above. When I first configured this it worked however the person receiving the call on the mobile phone would see the initial callers CID. but what he really wants is permanent Caller ID to show on his mobile so he knows if a call has come via FusionPBX (his business PBX) or if it's a personal call (straigh mobile to mobile call).

I got around this by configuring a hard set Effective Caller ID number in the outbound routes as per below

So instead of having the default - effective_caller_id_number=${outbound_caller_id_number}

I've now changed it to - effective_caller_id_number=12345678

He can now save '12345678' as a contact in his mobile and will always know when it's a business call, now next is the issue I came across which I'm hoping is something simple to over come.

The only time this does not work is if the initial caller rings from a private or blocked number, I can't work out why it would not honor the 'effective_caller_id_number=12345678' because if it's overriding it when the number is not blocked, why would it not behave the same way?

Has anyone come across this? I tested follow me in FreePBX with a fixed Outbound CID and it worked all the time no matter if it is blocked number or not.

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Follow me and the inability to hard set the incoming caller ID has been a frustrating issue with me in the past. At various points I will have had it working then something will change and it no longer works and I am left trying to figure out another method to accomplish this..

My current solution is to direct the call to a ring group, add the users cellphone number in the ring group member list, and then define the incoming caller ID here: https://pasteboard.co/IxYtt0y.png

As of now, this is working but I haven't tested it with a blocked number so I can't say for sure if this will fix your scenario but I would certainly give it a try.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Its also a pretty pointless post without stating your version, I think Mark has just completely rewritten this recently.

Methodz86

Apr 6, 2019
Its also a pretty pointless post without stating your version, I think Mark has just completely rewritten this recently.

FusionPBX version 4.4.3
Freeswitch version 1.8.7
Debian 9.9

Let me know if a later version might resolve my issue

Status
Not open for further replies.