Problem registering device from a new IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

meale00

Sep 26, 2022
Hi, i've installed Fusion PBX on an Amazon AWS istance. Everything works fine, but when i try to register a new device (eitherwise an IP phone or a softphone app) from a new IP, feels like the IP become blocked. Because also the web interface will not load anymore any page.
But at the same time the server is not blocked, because the others phone registered with another ip can make calls.

To "support" a new IP, i have to reboot several time the server via the AWS Console, and at the end, the device become "registered". It could be a possibile bug? I tried also to check any blocklist/spamlist like IPTables, Fail2Ban and PF, but seems that no one is installed.
What could be the problem?

Thanks
have a nice day

If the same IP can no longer connect to the web interface after attempting to register a SIP phone, then you are for sure being firewalled off, likely by fail2ban. Running 'fail2ban-client banned' should show you any banned IP addresses. If that shows none, check to see if firewalld blocked it somehow with 'firewall-cmd --direct --get-all-rules' or another 'iptables -L -n -v'

If it was in fact in fail2ban, you can whitelist it by editing '/etc/fail2ban/jail.conf' and looking for ignoreip= You can have multiple IP addresses ignored, they are seperated by a space, IE 'ignoreip = 127.0.0.1/32 4.2.2.1/32'

Just add the IP with /32 on the end, save it and run 'fail2ban-client reload'

meale00

Sep 26, 2022
There's a way in which i can disable fail2ban?
The problem starts when i try to connect from my mobile phone internet. When i'm connected to my Wifi, it works and become registered, when i switch to my mobile internet, become unregistered.

I’m mobile right now but maybe try ‘systemctl disable —now fail2ban’

I’d discourage doing this long term though. You should fix the issue, not bandaid it by turning off security. However turning it off to test should be fine for a short period of time.

meale00

Sep 26, 2022
I saw this thread and it says that it has downgraded to an another version (from 5.0.3 to 5.0.1)

5.0.3 is actually my installed version. Do you know how can i pass to 5.0.1? I think is the actual stable version

Status
Not open for further replies.