SOLVED Problem to increase audio_level in internal calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2017
Hello everyone, I managed to increase the audio level on outgoing calls by adding
action set_audio_level read 3
action set_audio_level write 3
before i send the audios, now i try to do the same with the internal audios for example * 97 but i can't raise the audio level could you please support me on this ... thanks in advance

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Probably better to do this on the endpoints themselves. Your phone should have the ability to provision volume, gain, etc. Whilst it might work for your current setup, a firmware update or new handset or client might have people getting their ears blown off. You might also see some nonsense with DTMF tones not registering properly.

FreeSwitch Docs - set_audio_level
Note
In digital audio it is not optimal to modify the audio stream at the server level. It is almost always better to adjust the volume at one of the analog points, like the phone, headset, or analog TDM card. This dialplan application is available to assist the user who has broken devices that can't or won't adjust their audio.

If you really need to do this, I should expect you'll need to insert it into the dialplan in the Dialplan Manager where it's necessary. I haven't tested it, but I suspect you might be able to do this pretty high up in the ordering with a new rule to apply to everything on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.