PROBLEM: Voicemails files exist but FusionPBX says zero voicemails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCarterSr

Jun 12, 2018
Hello everyone,

Firstly, I'm new to FusionPBX. I've installed Freeswitch and FuisionPBX, so far it seems to be working well with what I've tried so far. Except, when my test extension recieves a voicemail, a file is created in the folder, C:\Program Files\FreeSWITCH\storage\voicemail\default\x.x.x.x\1000 as a voicemail audio file. However, FusionPBX always say's 0 New, and 0 Total voicemails.

I don't know if this is a clue to this, but also when I create a greeting in any format, wav, mp3, etc. When I click save, the screen flashes but nothing is added.
So, the just the default greeting is what I hear.

If the greeting problem is a seperate problem, I can deal with that later. But I really would like if someone can help with the voicemail issue.

Thanks
K. Carter Sr.

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
That sounds like one of two things to me, either you have a permissions issue on the directory that the vm files are stored in or you have a broken install. I guess the first thing to ask is what OS you are using and how did you install it ? i found the easiest way is debian 8 and use the auto install, works every time for me.

KCarterSr

Jun 12, 2018
I've checked permissions and they are ok. Shouldn't the voicemails be in the fusionPBX database instead of files?

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
As far as im aware freeswitch doesnt play well with windows at all. Im my opinion of fitting coms systems for 25 years i would never install any phone system even 3CX on a windoze box. Linux is native and much more stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.