Provision Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2018
Hi,
I am setting up auto provision on phones, first time working with the provisioning. Provisioning seems to be working correctly for me so far. Using the https username/password authentication. It pushes line details and things to the phone through the provisioning.

What I am looking to try to do though is modify other settings through the provisioning that are not listed in the default settings/provision area. Is this an option and is there already a write up on this? I tried searching but couldn't find much. I was thinking I need to know the exact setting name and either add it as an entry to default settings or to each individual device settings, or that it will need to be done with XML file to the phones but not 100% sure.

The phones I am using are mostly Grandstream GXP2130 phones.

Thanks

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
You can modify specific settings on a per device basis by going to Accounts > Devices and selecting the device that you want to modify. In the settings section is where you can set settings on a per device level rather than at a global level in Default Settings. You would need to use valid variables that are defined in your phones provisioning template.

Jan 30, 2018
@Kenny Riley that is one way I was thinking was going to be an option. How do I get the provisioning template to get the valid variables though? I tried downloading the xml configuration file which has a lot of what I would think are the setting variables....but just as a sample to try I was trying to enable the PUBLISH for Presence through provisioning. So I set that in the settings on a device and set the value to 1 for enable and it did not update after doing a Provision. So I am thinking I am not using a valid variable.

Thanks

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Raymond -

You can view the actual device provisioning template by navigating to Advanced > Provision Editor and choosing your device. By skimming through the template you should be able to find the variable in question that you are looking for. But there doesn't seem to be a defined variable in the Grandstream 2130 template that you are looking for :/

Grandstream uses P codes and the developer isn't a fan of them, therefore, the Grandstream templates don't get nearly as much love as Yealink.

<!-- PUBLISH for Presence. 0 - Disabled, 1 - Enabled. Default is 0 -->
<!-- Number: 0, 1 -->
<!-- Mandatory -->
<P188>0</P188>

Not sure what you would do in this scenario honestly..

Reactions: Raymond Burress
Jan 30, 2018
Kenny. Thanks for the help, I was able to get it. The P188 was actually in the Provision Editor for the 2130. I just modified the {$mac}.xml file for P188 to 1 instead of 0 and it is working. I will have to go through the rest of the settings and make sure all the P codes are there for what I need......Before editing the .xml file I did try just changing on and individual device using the P code and it did not work. So I do not know how I would be able to change the setting at a per device level. But for the time being I would just be setting default settings for all 2130s and I can just do one offs if any need to be different. The info you gave helps a lot though!!

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You should be able to set the device with the variable if it exists in the templates. The problem with altering the template is that it will stop you upgrading as you have made the modifications. Its really best to chase down the issue and if it is a bug, raise it as one.

Jan 30, 2018
OK, I did some more playing around with things. I think I understand it a bit more and what Kenny said makes more since now as well.

So although I see a P188 if I go to the GXP2130 under provision editor, there is nothing in the xml file that says P188 will point to a setting. It is just set at 0. So the only way it seems would be to create another entry in default settings and then enter the value for P188 in the provision editor as the default setting value. The problem would be if there was an upgrade the xml file would likely be overwritten so I would have to do the work over again in the provision editor. I do not have that many settings I am looking at changing from default so I may just modify the template to point to a default setting and then just make note to check things after any updates.....it is either that or I have to modify phones separately. Any other advice on alternative options?

Thanks

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Your best bet is to copy the templates to a custom one and modify the copy. copy gxp2130 folder to Customgxp2130 etc.
Edit the template in your custom folder to include the settings you want. If you want to enable/disable per user or domain etc you can add a variable tag to the new template as you mentioned.

The primary thing to remember is the standard templates from FusionPBX leave most options at their default setting. If you edit the regular template to include your own setting and/or variable, you will have conflicts when upgrading or will miss out on any updates to those templates.

zenvoip

Jul 19, 2018
I am having issues, setting up my auto provisioning. I do not get any response from the phones Fanvil 5x

zenvoip

Jul 19, 2018
Ok, so I setup the admin, & password on default settings in the provision section and the enabled.
Step 2) I went and put the mac address in the extensions and went devices and hit provisioning tab after i setup the device there.
step 4 i followed the instruction for Fanvil & yaelink phone with no luck. (I did select the correct hardware template for each)

I am not getting no response from the PBX sever i check the log viewer on response as well. I follow documentation on the fusionpbx guide as well.

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017

zenvoip

Jul 19, 2018
yep, i followed the documentation that is on fusion pbx with no luck.(i did put that into the phone.

akruger

Jan 29, 2020
Raymond -

You can view the actual device provisioning template by navigating to Advanced > Provision Editor and choosing your device. By skimming through the template you should be able to find the variable in question that you are looking for. But there doesn't seem to be a defined variable in the Grandstream 2130 template that you are looking for :/

Grandstream uses P codes and the developer isn't a fan of them, therefore, the Grandstream templates don't get nearly as much love as Yealink.

<!-- PUBLISH for Presence. 0 - Disabled, 1 - Enabled. Default is 0 -->
<!-- Number: 0, 1 -->
<!-- Mandatory -->
<P188>0</P188>

Not sure what you would do in this scenario honestly..
I don't see the Provision Editor in my Advanced ... is this something that needs to be enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.