SOLVED Provisioning file

Status
Not open for further replies.

kt351b

Feb 24, 2020
Hello!
Can you please explain to me about provisioning. I understand that FusionPBX takes a template file, substitutes variables from the database and generates a config file for provisioning. But where it is stored?
Imagine that I have a device with MAC 0004f24b8745
When I put in the browser link - http://fusionPBXdomain.com/app/provision/0004f24b8745.cfg I got a window that asks me to authorize, I enter credential and got the congif.
But I can't find 0004f24b8745.cfg file at the server (at /var/www/fusionpbx and so on directories).
Can you please explain to me how it works and is there a provision file (not a template for the phone model) at the server?
Thanks in advance!

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
The file is generated dynamically when the url is called the same way any other dynamic content is generated in PHP or other languages.
The information isn't "stored" in a traditional sense.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You can download it in the devices page. The file is not stored anywhere, it is served to you dynamically upon demand.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Maybe if you said what you are actually trying to achieve we can point you to a better path.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Inside devices go into your device and then at the top you will see files, click that and then you can download them, is this what you mean?

1608305825116.png

kt351b

Feb 24, 2020
Inside devices go into your device and then at the top you will see files, click that and then you can download them, is this what you mean?

View attachment 1908
Yea, thank you. I know and use this way. I just was wondering about this programming-magic with no file at the server )
So, I can mark this thread as SOLVED.
Thank you all!

albert-g

Aug 11, 2020
Although thread is mark as solved, but can you please let to know, is there a way to have specific configs (I saw such cases on asterisk) for every phone?
The logic is to have specific and ready config files.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
The whole point of the provisioning system in Fusionpbx is to allow for dynamic configurations. Meaning if you make a change to the device entry (add/remove a button etc) then the next time phone provisions, the phone has newest settings.

The "specific" "config file" is always ready to be downloaded by a phone as long as the web server is accessible and the device is enabled. When the device requests a config file, the server generates the data and sends the latest information based on what is in the templates and database settings.

Reactions: albert-g
Status
Not open for further replies.