provisioning question

Status
Not open for further replies.

richarda

Jun 26, 2018
Is it possible to auto provision phones located on my LAN to a PBX located in the cloud or do they need to be on the same subnet?

richarda

Jun 26, 2018
Thanks. I've been testing with a Polycom 335 and haven't had much luck. Triple checked all settings necessary but getting errors using direct phone provisioning settings or the DHCP Option 66 or 160. Provisioning failed due to curl error code:22 and respCode:404

richarda

Jun 26, 2018
If I try to download the cfg file based on the MAC address manually, I get a 404 as well. This is the same file the 335 logs report it can't find. So it's as if the PBX isn't producing the file correctly.

Professional Guy

Oct 5, 2017
Not sure for Polycoms (I use yealinks), but if you're using https to provision but don't have a cert on your server you have to make sure the phone accepts all certs.
Also, all the DHCP options do is put in info manually that you'd be putting into the phone (which presumably would be the server and auth info), so if you can't get it to auto provision "manually" I wouldn't bother testing the DHCP stuff until you get that working, will prolly save you time.

Last edited:

richarda

Jun 26, 2018
I'm almost out of ideas, but I'm going to try a Yealink or a Cisco, as the Polycoms just won't provision.

Professional Guy

Oct 5, 2017
Have you tried provisioning them from a different place than where youre at?
Also is it possible you fail2banned yourself by accident?
If you send a screenshot of the settings you're putting into the Polycom maybe I can help

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
Turn off the option in default settings for domain restrict under the provisioning section.

richarda

Jun 26, 2018
I was able to get the Polycoms and Cisco to provision if I enter the Mac address under devices first. But I setup FusionPBX on my local network and still can't get the Polycoms to auto provision. Yes, provisioning is enabled, and I've tried DHCP 66 and 160, and web provisioning. I'll check the Failtoban settings, and the domain restrict setting.

richarda

Jun 26, 2018
If that's what is considered autoprovision. But in our experience with our Cudatel PBX, which is based on Freeswitch, we see the phones show up and we never have to enter their MAC address ahead of time.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
That is 100% dependent on whether the phone sends the mac address in any request. The Yealinks definitely do but some others don't.

My personal opinion is that even the yealinks shouldn't, its a potential security concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.