Queue Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

comtech

May 27, 2021
Hello all! I am a long-time FreePBX/Asterisk user that has been periodically looking over the fence, but has never done anything with FusionPBX/FreeSwitch. I ran into a new requirement that I have not been able to overcome with FreePBX/Asterisk.

Use Case:
  • I have a queue I need staffed by remote agents (all using remote landlines/cell phones, webRTC and or softphones are not an option, has to be a PSTN call).
  • I need for them to be able to answer queue calls with call confirm on (not hard).
  • The challenge I run into is that Asterisk could not see the agent was busy on a queue call already (not straightforward, but overcame by using real extensions (vs. remote) and replacing their dial string with the remote phone number.
  • The deal breaker that I am running into is the warm transfer. After the agent warm transfers, the transferring agent will remain unavailable for the next queue call until the transferred call ends in Asterisk. Depending on how long the transferred call goes for this agent could be out of commission for 20-30 minutes, until the original caller finally hangs up.
Questions:
  • Is this behavior any different in FusionPBX/FreeSwitch?
  • Does anyone have any suggestions on how this may be accomplished?
Thanks in advance for any insights and ideas!

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
The warm transfer scenario you mentioned won’t be an issue with FusionPBX. You can do everything you mentioned out of the box with FusionPBX except the press 1 to confirm before answering but I’m sure that’s probably just a simple dialplan modification.

Alocaurd

Jun 25, 2019
The remote agents appears to be an issue unless gflow has a workaround. As noted by @markjcrane and @DigitalDaz in another thread, the callcenter app sends direct to an extension and does not follow the user forward settings. I have run into this issue as well with the current Covid environment and users needing to act as remote agents on the queue.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
I used to run remote agents and I had it setup like this below. I just modify the agent contact string so instead of:

user/2000@domain.com

I have:

sofia/internal/<agent mobile number here>@sbc.pbx.com:5060

I didnt have the confirm option and while I never specifically looked at the issue you are talking about with the warm transfer I never had any complaints about it and I'm sure I would have had some had it existed. I'll setup up again next week and give it a test to see if all still works.

Status
Not open for further replies.