Random incoming calls not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deerefanatic

Nov 2, 2020
I've been having issues on and off with people telling me that they are not able to call me on my PBX number. I'm using Telnyx as my sip trunk, and in every case, I can see that Telnyx is sending the SIP invites to my PBX server and not getting responses. If I go to log viewer, there is nothing there. The weirdest part, it seems like the only common thread I can find is calls originating from Verizon Wireless, although I have Verizon wireless and every time I call my number from my cell, it goes through.

Outgoing calls are working just fine.

Customers typically tell me that either it rings and rings, then just goes "dead" or get a "your call did not go through" recording. Being this is my business number, I need to sort this out as it's negatively impacting my income.

Should I do a software update? I tend to not like to mess with stuff that is working, although this apparently is not.

Server info:

Operating System Information​
System Information​
Version 4.5.23
Git Information Branch: master
Commit: 74b26dd1b3d683d6cd664addc1f1ac74af9cae71
Origin: https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx
Status: Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'. +546 days ago
Project Path /var/www/fusionpbx
Switch Version 1.10.6 (64bit)
PHP Version 7.1.33-34+0~20210228.54+debian9~1.gbpb1fb69
Operating System Debian
Version 9.13
Kernel Linux sip 4.9.0-19-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.320-2 (2022-06-30) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Uptime 15:11:48 up 71 days, 12:57, 0 users, load average: 0.08, 0.02, 0.01
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2022 15:11:48 +0000

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Can you see the calls in 'sngrep' on the terminal? It's a packet capturing program but geared around SIP.

FreeSWITCH is very talkative in the logs, seeing nothing indicates a networking issue. A lot of ISPs like to mess with SIP traffic, for nefarious or ignorant reasons

deerefanatic

Nov 2, 2020
Can you see the calls in 'sngrep' on the terminal? It's a packet capturing program but geared around SIP.

FreeSWITCH is very talkative in the logs, seeing nothing indicates a networking issue. A lot of ISPs like to mess with SIP traffic, for nefarious or ignorant reasons
I've never been able to replicate it in real time to do a sngrep.

As for the ISP, I have this hosted on a Digital ocean droplet. I have all of the IP's and ports for Telnyx whitelisted.

deerefanatic

Nov 2, 2020
I was wondering if there was a known issue with FusionPBX "timing out" or something where it freezes and goes non responsive.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
I think you might have to try it against another platform. I've had no problems with AWS under light loads (no more than 30 sim calls)

You really will have to try and catch it in the logs when it's happening to get a definitive answer though.

The only experience I have of locking up is multi-tenant on SQLite core, instead of PostgreSQL Freeswitch Core. We had to hit a fair number of domains before it became an issue though.

Status
Not open for further replies.