Recording before ring group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Aug 2, 2017
Hi

I currently have anIVR configured that's working well. It currently says press one for sales, two for accounts etc. I would like is when a caller enters the IVR and presses 1 for sales they hear a second recording that says 'we are transferring you through to sales'

Any idea how we configure this?

Best Regards

Adam

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
There are a number of ways to deal with this for example create an extension in the dialplan that just playback the message and then transfers to sales rather than transferring directly to sales.

This for me though highlights the pointlessness of what you are trying to achieve.

Dude has just pressed one for sales, he doesn't need telling now he will be transferred to sales. It just one more thing slowing him down on his journey to where he is trying to get to.

Reactions: Adam

Adam

Aug 2, 2017
There are a number of ways to deal with this for example create an extension in the dialplan that just playback the message and then transfers to sales rather than transferring directly to sales.

This for me though highlights the pointlessness of what you are trying to achieve.

Dude has just pressed one for sales, he doesn't need telling now he will be transferred to sales. It just one more thing slowing him down on his journey to where he is trying to get to.

I get this, in this instance, the call goes into the queue so the message is to make the caller aware that they are in a queue.

How would I go about adding this in to the dial plan?

Thanks Daz.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Well in that case the simpler thing is to use the queue intro message, I assume you are using mod_callcenter??

To do it in the dialplan just go into dialplan manager and create some random extension, just give it an action playback followed by an action transfer. There are other ways depending on the fusionpbx version.

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
As Daz says i would find this annoying and a bit pointless, however if you are simply transferring to a ring group just use the ring group greeting , i think that plays before the group actually rings..

Adam

Aug 2, 2017
Thanks Daz, Updated and the option is there.. I'll take the comments aboard regarding the poor caller experience.

Thanks Chaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.