SOLVED Recording delayed when leaving voicemails

Status
Not open for further replies.

cp6183

Oct 29, 2019
Does anyone know why all my customers voicemails audio are cut in the beginning? I have conducted testing and can not reproduce the issue. however, I placed my email on a customer vmail box and when their customers leave vmails, the beginning of the voicemail audio is cut, like probably 5 seconds. So they don't hear the important parts of the voicemail.

Last edited:

cp6183

Oct 29, 2019
I also have restarted my server, and I am noticing it is domain related. this is only happening to one domain. what am I missing?

I have read through all related threads and no dice. I am really in deep here, if I don't rectify, this customer will cancel service.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Hear me out here... is it that someone has recorded a voicemail message but there's an incredibly long time between them saying the message and the beep. FusionPBX has the feature of terminating a recording on silence, but you end up with these gaps at the end of the recordings. I've experienced this before.

You probably also want to look at the freeswitch.log when this happens, see if you can see anything untoward. Difficult to say exactly what to look for.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Alternatively, you might have some weird stuff with codecs thinking about it. You might want to force PCMA/PCMU. However I suspect this would affect every domain, so I dunno....

cp6183

Oct 29, 2019
solved: the port was 5080 and i changed routing to 5060 and there was no cut off for voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.