reduce empty 3s voicemails

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
Wondering if anyone has tried to reduce the number of empty voicemails that get saved, I find if a call goes to voicemail but they hangup right away, a 3s voicemail still gets saved - which is just empty - I think its to do with the line staying active just a little too long or until freeswitch realizes nothing is being recorded so it stops - but wondering if this can be mitigated in any way?

whut

Dec 23, 2022
Default settings > voicemail has 2 voicemail silence variables, but those probably won't help as they will impact "real" voicemail messages.

I would conduct testing and compare and contrast short messages like "call me" as the audio against your 3 seconds of silence messages. I would see what was similar and what was different. I suspect that you will find differences in the database records and in the wav or mp3 files themselves. Then you could add code to delete both the files and the database records in your daily maintenance scripts.

I do not remember if the database holds information about the file size.

whut

Dec 23, 2022
The best solution is in the save voicemail process. But that may be difficult. Have you tried a new test server installation to see if it exhibits the same issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.