register with domain and IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjoli021

Jul 20, 2017
I have a PBX that we just allowed external access to. I have assigned it an FQDN for public use. The internal users are registering with the IP of the PBX. When the external users attempt to login they get a domain error.

You must define a domain called 'Sip.<myDomain>.com' in your directory and add a user with the id="<user>" attribute

How can allow users from external to register with either the IP or the FQDN?

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Registrations should always be made to the internal profile, the external profile is for your gateways etc. It is always slightly more complex when you want to register with both pulic and private IPs because the the profiles needs to know what IP to put in the Contact headers and th4e SDP body for RTP. You will probably need to set up two internal SIP profiles, there is a discussion about this on here somewhere, I will give you a link if I can find it later today.

PS: It is better to register with FQDN rather than IP address.

cybermaus

Mar 7, 2021
Netherlands
They can also signing with user@domain in the user field of the logon panel
In your case: user@x.x.x.x, even though they connect to the webpage with FQDN URL, because your users are registered on the x.x.x.x "domain"
Also, in the generic settings, you can configure that the domain is displayed as a 3rd field in the logon panel

Of course, as mentioned, better would be the other way around, rename x.x.x.x domain to a proper domain, for example your fqdn
And then make sure your internal DNS also resolves to the system, via the internal IP address.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
As mentioned, you would normally want to use a FQDN for the "domain" setting for all users since that is how Freeswitch assigns contexts.

One way to avoid changes on the PBX side would to set your external phones to use the FQDN as the outbound proxy and keep the "sip server" setting as the IP address used initially.

Status
Not open for further replies.