Registration issue after server reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxgeek

Jan 19, 2021
Hi All,

I want to pick your brains. I have 2 redundant servers in active-passive mode. Ideally, when one goes offline, the other one should handle the calls. I use Polycom phones, and they have a dual registration setup. Most of the time, all of this works as expected until I reboot the main server. What I noticed is that not all phones re-register after the server reboot. I know this because I can see them still registered to the backup server. If I reboot the phone from the backup server, it will register to both.

As far as I know, Polycom phones are instructed to register every 120 seconds to each server and also send keep-alive packets every 30 seconds. For the life of me, I can't pinpoint the issue to Polycom config nor the server config, or anything else. Also, this typically happens to the phones that I don't have easy access to, so I can't see any logs. It never occurs to the phones in my lab. The important thing to mention here Is that it's super random. If a client has 40 phones, only 3 of them may not register. Some other clients may have 5 phones and 4 of them won't register and some clients may have 20 phones and all of them register.

Has anyone ever come across this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.