Remote backup and restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Low

Apr 15, 2021
I've been struggling for quite awhile on trying to get the fusionpbx-restore script to work correctly. Few issues I've run into (perhaps unique to my install?) such as the need to install rsync or the need to update the db_password in config.php. I've been following this document:

Is there a more detailed restore KB out there?

At this point I'm still stuck, my script connects to the production server, completes the remote backup, transfer the needed files, I then updated the db_password. Restarted the services. But getting the following message when I try to connect to the GUI:

error: SQLSTATE[08006] [7] FATAL: password authentication failed for user "fusionpbx" FATAL: password authentication failed for user "fusionpbx"

Thank you

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
You'll probably need to make sure the password (and other creds) match up in: /etc/fusionpbx/config.php. If you can connect to the PGSQL database using those credentials in config.php then it should be fine.

You might have to get a bit familiar with PGSQL's commands for listing users, permissions, adding and removing users, etc.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
As mentioned, your database and/or config.php passwords are not matching up properly.
I'm fairly sure the default backup script also backs up /etc/fusionpbx so a standard restore would overwrite the existing config.php.
If your database user credentials are the same on both servers, then it makes things a bit easier since config.php will still be correct.

Another fairly simple fix is to modify your restore script to copy or move the /etc/fusionpbx/config.php to a safe location before the backup files are restored, then move it back to original location to overwrite the restored copy with incorrect DB password.

Reactions: robvandenbulk

robvandenbulk

Mar 28, 2020
I've been struggling for quite awhile on trying to get the fusionpbx-restore script to work correctly. Few issues I've run into (perhaps unique to my install?) such as the need to install rsync or the need to update the db_password in config.php. I've been following this document:

Is there a more detailed restore KB out there?

At this point I'm still stuck, my script connects to the production server, completes the remote backup, transfer the needed files, I then updated the db_password. Restarted the services. But getting the following message when I try to connect to the GUI:

error: SQLSTATE[08006] [7] FATAL: password authentication failed for user "fusionpbx" FATAL: password authentication failed for user "fusionpbx"

Thank you

Attachments

• restore.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 19
Status
Not open for further replies.