Removing BDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

taptech

Mar 6, 2017
I have a BDR set up, so that I have a failover PBX in case the first one goes down. After running this setup for 5 years, it just isn't worth it- I have a small number of registrations and the uptime for the VPS is just fantastic.
I'm looking in the continuing education docs and there is a method for removing a node but... is this what I want? I just have 2 nodes right now, the primary and failover. Can I just turn off the replication without needing to drop the database and restore? I just don't want to break anything!

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Yes you can just remove the second node from the primary server assuming you plan to destroy the secondary server.
If you want to keep the secondary server working for some reason as a stand alone, you would need to remove the other node from it as well.

Another more drastic but possibly useful option would be to backup your existing database/fusion install and restore to a whole new server with newer versions of underlying software up upgraded/downgraded resources.

taptech

Mar 6, 2017
Thanks for the input! I will take an image backup of both and cross my fingers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.