Ring Group and Time Conditions errors: address is incomplete

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Probably not, check the dialplan. See why 100 is being sent out the trunk, you probably just want to set your outbound route that is pretty greedy called Neb Sip.d to order 901.

I'm guessing that's the issue as immediately before this REGEX pass is Regex (PASS) [default_caller_id] which is position 80 in the default dialplan. Leads me to believe the outbound route has the default of 100.

As for why it doesn't do it with other numbers is: ${user_exists}(false) =~ /false/. I can't remember what constitutes a user in FreeSwitch, other than extensions obviously.

This is so confusing. I have not changed anything whatsoever. I am still learning so not taking any risks. But only 2 of my clients are affected. 1 cannot use time conditions as an inbound, and one cannot use ring group as an inbound

Oh, and it seems the times are totally out on the time condition rules

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Sure, I'm just going by what's in the logs. Have a look at the outbound rules and the dialplan, I guarantee it'll be there at order 100 with it's greedy 'any number' regex match of: /^(\d+)$/ . Time Conditions are default 300, Ring group ended up being 101.

We usually set Outbound Routes to be order 900+, because we want to just make sure the entire dialplan is processed before we start sending it out the SIP Gateways. You can keep them at 100 if you keep them specific (like 9 digits, or dial 9 then dial X digits).

Regarding the time, might want to check the server's time. There is one setting that catches a lot of people out:

Hour of Day
  • If you set a range of 9 - 4 it will include all of 4 until it changes to 5.
We had many installs where techs had configured hour of day, but didn't realise it wasn't 8am until 5pm. They've done 8am until 3:59pm

thank you kindly! time conditions understood, will test tonight

I will delete all dial plans for the specific domain tonight, clear the cache, and recreate the dial plans. i use only one dial plan, can call anywhere and =everything. My clients want it uncontrolled via dial plans.

My biggest confusion = it all worked 100%. no changes made. then one morning it stopped working, just like that...:-(

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
The outbound route is fine, it's just where it comes in the list might be a problem. It will match everything that isn't an extension. Before you go drastic and rebuild the dialplan, you might want to just try putting this catch-all at the end with the 'order'.

order.png

Status
Not open for further replies.