Ring Group - Internal Caller Name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Rys

Dec 20, 2017
Hi all, we're prepping to cut over to FusionPBX very soon and Im just learning how the features work to accomplish the same tasks as our current PBX.

Is there a way for a ring group to show a internal caller name to all the internal extensions I'm using as destinations for the call? Our current system calls this feature a hunt group, and whenever a call hits the hunt group, the hunt group name shows up on the caller id display of all the extensions I have set to simultaneously ring.

On the FusionPBX's ring group settings, i see where you can set the External caller name & ID, but not for internal. Is this right feature for the job or should I be using a different application/feature?

Thanks,

MR

Marc Rys

Dec 20, 2017
thanks for the reply... Pretty sure I have that set on the fields that are available.. The description of the field says.... "Set the caller ID name for outbound external calls" Attached is a screen cap of my settings. So when i put my cell phone in as a destination, what i have set on the ring group caller ID does show correctly. But it wont show correctly on a extension that is registered to FusionPBX.

Attachments

• RingGroupScrnCap.PNG
    RingGroupScrnCap.PNG
    63 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I'm not sure if it is a master branch feature only or if the permission is turned off. but there are two other fields available that I don't see on your screen shot.
1557864747129.png

In Group Permissions check permissions for superuser to see if they are checked
1557864851889.png

Marc Rys

Dec 20, 2017
ok so your on to something... cid_name_prefix & cid_number_prefix were not checked. I checked them, and then went back to my existing ring group, and I still didnt see the options available. I logged out and back in and they were there.. I made a test call, and its now labeling the call as I need. Thanks a million!

Status
Not open for further replies.