Ring Group - Prefix Name & Number - Not Saving

Status
Not open for further replies.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
Hey Guys,

I'm running FusionPBX 4.4 and I've just setup a few ring groups and trying to add a "Prefix Name" however when I add a name and press Save the name just disappears and I can see that it's not being added to the DB. The same thing happens with the "Prefix Number", all other fields the the ring group seem to be working correctly. I've also upgraded to the latest master branch and still have the same issue. Does anybody else seem to having the same issue or maybe point me in the right direction if I maybe missing something. Thanks in advance.

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
Should be easy enough to hone down on where the issue is.

Look in the file app/ring_groups/ring_group_edit.php.
Dump out the relevant variables and see where it is failing to carry your prefix.

Jim Scribner

Dec 20, 2019
Since I haven't heard too much, I thought I would seed the thread with this: I can get the prefix I want to add by adding

<action application="export" data="effective_caller_id_name=XXX-${caller_id_name}"/>

(where XXX is the desired prefix) into the XML for the ring group in the dialplan manager. However, whenever any change is saved (adding/removing extensions, etc). the entry disappears and has to be re-added to the XML. Just wondering if this was a general Fusion issue.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Jim, I don't know what software versions you are running with but...

FusionPBX 4.5.11 pulled 9th Jan
Freeswitch 1.10.2

Unable to replicate the issue. Both CID Name Prefix and CID Number Prefix save and work correctly.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Like @JamesBorne said above, it may be worth having a look at the code. You could clone the latest master into a separate directory and then run a diff on ring_group_edit.php between your current version and the latest.

I have also known some web browsers to do strange things, I tend to avoid the [A-Z][a-z]*soft ones. It's a long shot, but you could try using a different browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.