Ring Group Rollover

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpetrom

May 6, 2021
Hi

I have setup a ring group with 2 extensions and strategy rollover.
Extension 100 timeout 10
Extension 101 timeout 10
Ring group Timeout 130

When i make a call to the ring group it is ringing the 100 then 101 and then it hangups the call.
Is this normal ?
I think that the normal behavior should be to start ringing the extensions from the start until ring group time out. Am i wrong?
Am i missing something?

Thanks in advanced

rubberducky

Aug 30, 2017
It'll timeout after the last extension timeout, not the ring group timeout. However you can set the exit action to the same ringroup if you want it to run in a loop.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
However you can set the exit action to the same ringroup if you want it to run in a loop.

I do not know if this was fixed in later versions of fusionpbx but, in the past, if you created a loop like this and there were no extensions registered this would cause the PBX to just crash as it would just go into an instant infinite loop.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
You'll either need a use a call centre queue using top-down strategy or you can adjust the ring group to look like this:

Extension 100 timeout 10
Extension 101 timeout 10
Extension 100 timeout 10
Extension 101 timeout 10
Extension 100 timeout 10
Extension 101 timeout 10
Extension 100 timeout 10
Extension 101 timeout 10
Extension 100 timeout 10
Extension 101 timeout 10
Extension 100 timeout 10
Extension 101 timeout 10
Extension 100 timeout 10

gpetrom

May 6, 2021
It'll timeout after the last extension timeout, not the ring group timeout. However you can set the exit action to the same ringroup if you want it to run in a loop.
So what is group timeout for? Is this a fusionpbx behavior or freeswitch?
You'll either need a use a call centre queue using top-down strategy or you can adjust the ring group to look like this:
Well i will try the call center solution. I do not like at all the ring group solution you proposed, what if i want the ring group time out to be 1800sec.
I do not know if this was fixed in later versions of fusionpbx but, in the past, if you created a loop like this and there were no extensions registered this would cause the PBX to just crash as it would just go into an instant infinite loop.
Well i have already tried that and it is a mess. If you want to take email for missed calls every time that the ring group is looping you get an email that the call is missed.

Thanks for the answers

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
I tested this on the latest version of Freeswitch and FusionPBX. It doesn't crash the system, there is a small hit to the CPU.

I was testing on an AWS small instance and the CPU went from 5% utilisation to 35% then sat at around 25% until I hung up. So on a decent sized production system there likely wouldn't be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.