Ring Group Strategy: Rollover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MammerJammer

Oct 23, 2018
We have a customer with a Legacy KSU who has asked us for 3 analog trunks. Our intention was to port her number to our carrier and set up the DID destination in FusionPBX and deliver the analog hand-off with a Grandstream HT814. We configured 3 extensions in FusionPBX and provisioned those three extensions in the HT814 for her trunks.

Inside FusionPBX we made those 3 extensions part of a Ring Group set to Rollover so it would hunt just as a traditional hunt group would from L1 to L2 to L3. However, it doesn't roll. For testing purposes, I set the group to Random strategy and that works, just not quite as we intended. Does anyone have any wisdom to offer here? Is anyone delivering analog trunks to Legacy systems with SIP transport like this? Maybe there is a better way I just don't know about?

Last edited:

MammerJammer

Oct 23, 2018
Yes. All the FXS ports are configured under Profile 1, and all the call-waiting features are disabled.

Interestingly, it's working now. We had two techs looking at this so the fix was lost by too many hands in the cookie jar making changes, but the FW was upgraded on the HT814 to the latest rev and I think that was the fix. FusionPBX is unchanged - Ring Group set to Rollover. I can watch the operator panel as we send inbound test calls and the trunks light up one after the other. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.