Ring group with early media on all members

Status
Not open for further replies.

spongebob

Dec 25, 2021
hello,

i have a few questions about ring groups and early media.
I have one device (intercom) which can send video and audio via early media. This works fine with one extension on the other side.
FusionPBX does remove the early media on ring groups, so i made a few changes in the lua script and dialplan.
If only one extension is in the ring group, everything works. But if two (or more) extensions are in the ring group, then no extension can see the early media. only if they accept the call they can see the video stream.

i did a packet capture and both extensions of the ring group sends 183 and the intercom also start sending the rtp data to the pbx, but it seems that fusionpbx is not able to forward the data to the extensions. See attached screenshot.

some_progress.PNG

the intercom always sends on the same ports (h264 on 9856 and g711 on 9654) to the pbx. I tried all possbilities (proxy , bypass media ...)

Is there any feasible solution for this ? Maybe manipulate the code that the channel from the intercom is send to all extensions? I searched in the code, but i wasnt able to find anything helpful. Maybe someone has an answer. All intercom devices have these working on their own indoor stations/apps , but it seems that there are more than just one solution..

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Early media with ring groups will always be problematic because codec negotiation is generally an end to end process, B2BUAs accepted. One A-leg cannot negotiate codecs with many potential B-legs.

Almost everything is possible, it just requires research, and effort to implement.

I believe for your scenario, you would need to create some sort of mechanism like a conference bridge that will handle video also. This way each endpoint will negotiate its own intersection with the bridge. I am not aware of this having been done, but I'm sure that if there is enough call for it, someone will come up with a solution.

NoFate

Sep 17, 2021
i have the same question, also created some topics here
i also want early media on ring groups, single extension is fine, but not with groups

also tried modified script , but no succes

keep me posted if you find something

willing to pay for services also

Status
Not open for further replies.