Ring Groups Dropping Outside Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022
So finally got an outside number for our PBX system. The problem we are having is the Ring group is set for 18 seconds which is roughly about 3 rings and then is suppose to go to a second group number that will add more extensions for another 18 seconds and then go to a third group which is an external cell number. When we dial with the outbound number, it comes into our Ring Group however after the 3 calls it hangs up and does not forward to the other ring group. Our settings look correct. Any direction as to what I may be missing?

1646771700425.png

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022
Try using the enterprise strategy and not simultaneous.
Tried that - no change - I may try to remove the ring groups and re-add them since they were added before i did the sip gateway and maybe something didn't transfer over correctly. I dunno - just grasping at straws at the moment.

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
Are you on the latest master or an older version? Let us know how recreating goes.

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022
Lastest version - ill recreate in the morning - how do I get that log file and if the re-create doesnt work then i'll post it in here.

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022
I tried to rebuild the ring group and that did not work. I did internally this morning since that was working yesterday and dialed the 6000 extension. I rings all the phones on that group for the amount of time but when the time is done and it tries to go over to the second ring group, I get a 404 error message on my phone. I am wondering now if my supervisor entered something in wrong for our sip provider and that is what is causing the issues.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I don't think you can nest ring groups, ie ring group within ring group. I could be wrong though.

Regardless, you do not need multiple just add the others to the same ring group but put a delay on.

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022
I did not know you can do a delay - thats awesome - I will try to figure out that. Thank you.

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022
So the delay will work the only problem that I am having now is for the last delay I am trying to enter a cell phone for it to call out to but it will not dial out. I also have it set to go to a voice mail box if no one answers and the voice mail box is not working as well. It just says the wireless caller is not answering your call. I even took the cell phone number out and it says the same thing so not sure what is happening there or if it again is something to do with how the sip gateway was installed. Looking at the settings for it, it is a weird setup. Its called Bandwidth and doesnt appear to use a user name or password for the gateway.

Its almost like it will only go into that one Ring Group and will not leave that group once its in there - for outside calls or anything.

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022
So I found a work around that seems to do the trick. Dunno why I have to do it this way, but at least it works.

I set the SIP inbound route to an extension on the PBX. From that extension I then set it to follow the ring group that I created and now it works. So in essence someone dials our DID number, it goes to an dummy extension with no phone, which in turn then does a follow ring to the ring group which also calls an external cell phone and if through all that still no one answers then it will go to voicemail. Again crazy way to do it but at least it works.

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
I don't think you can nest ring groups, ie ring group within ring group. I could be wrong though.

Regardless, you do not need multiple just add the others to the same ring group but put a delay on.
Interesting. Thanks for that. Freepbx you can do that all day long so I'm glad you mentioned that about fusion. Actually sounds better than having 3 or more different ring groups nested.

Status
Not open for further replies.