Ring groups second call ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidDec

Jan 30, 2020
United Kingdom
Howdy all,

Forgive me if this has been asked recently, I did a search but didn't find any matching topics.

We have a setup for a client where handsets in a ring group seems to be ignoring the second call that comes on to the line (they have multiple SIP channels), now I know I'm going to be told this doesn't work on ring groups but when testing this on our own PBX it worked fine.
I was able to answer the second call while the first was put onto hold or even disconnect the first call then answer the second call using the same handset.
On our clients network the handset doesn't even see the second call coming in even if the first call is released while the other handsets in the ring group are still ringing and even trying to pickup the call using function codes fails.

The client is using Yealink t23g's while we use Cisco 303's on our own PBX.
To make it even worse when I registered a Yealink phone on our network to their PBX the handset was able to release the first call and collect the second call as it rang without issue.

The only difference I can find between the two PBX's is our client is using a very basic TPLink router compared to our Draytek the domains are identical apart from the numbers in the inbound and outbound routes. .

So far I have tried changing ring group settings from simultaneous to enterprise but this had the effect of preventing them from forwarding calls on the handsets.
Adding all extensions to the same Sales call group.
Registering the same extension 3 times on each handset to allow them to switch between calls easier.

Any insights/thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.