Route calls between domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
I'd like to be able to route calls between domains instead of hairpinning on the PSTN. There are 2 instances where this would be useful;

1) Generally, if a call is made to the DID of another domain, call it directly
2) Transfer calls between domain, perhaps using a * sequence

taptech

Mar 6, 2017
Can't offer a solution for you but would also be interested in this. Often my longest calls are made between myself and my clients. No reason for the carrier to get involved.

Samael28

Apr 5, 2017
You can write a simple lua script and call it upon outbound route and check destinations table. If destination number is on this table - just transfer a call to public context.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You are aware of the is_local dialplan setting in dialplan manager??

This is designed when enabled, to not go through the PSTN

Reactions: ppwicho and yukon

yukon

Oct 3, 2016
One issue with the is_local is that if your destiatnations are in the form of 1NPA-NXX-XXXX or +1NPA-NXX-XXXX and the customer just dials NPA-NXX-XXXX then the number won't match.

Dec 1, 2016
inside-out.xyz
yukon is right, is_local work only and ONLY if it maches completly, and you use destination objects.If you inbound route uses regexp such as \+?1?(+d{10}), is_local dialplan wont work for you. which it is almost the case of everybody.

lucky you, I have what you want. LCR for FusionPBX 1.1 gives you that support, it detects the call and if the DID is hosted it routes it before trying the PSTN. I call it pseudo-enum support. You may want to visit the website https://okay.com.mx/en/communication-solutions/lcr-for-fusionpbx-with-freeswitch.html ask all your question if you interested in committing with it.

IshavAulakh

Jul 14, 2021
India
@Adrian Fretwell I did check these but either it does not seem to work for me or i am just too dumb. Anyways, let me explain my situation.
I have 3 domains running. Calls come in on DID on Domain1. I have set a ringroup which sets simultaneous destinations to DID on domain2 and DID on domain3. Currently these calls are going through my trunk/gateway. I was wondering if i could set the fusionpbx to auto identify that the number being dialled is a DID on another domain and locally bride the call rather than going through the gateway. All these domaines are on the same installation. I need this as these calls tend to go well over an hour.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
If your three domains are on the same box then is_local should work for you. Enable it in the dialplan, and then, for good measure, do a Flush Cache and a Reload XML.

If it is still not working, set your log level to at least 'NOTICE' and follow a call in the logs. is_local logs activity at the NOTICE level.

Status
Not open for further replies.