RTP EVENT are gone! Cannot do tone detection any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
Hi all,

Since yesterday I have been experiencing an issue I am at lost with in one of my boxes (FusionPBX: 4.5.11, Switch: 1.10.2.). It had been working for around a month or two without problems.

All of the sudden (or so it seems to me) the system does not detect tones. In a regular system I see the following:

tones.jpg

I do not see that anymore! This is what I have done to try to isolate the issue:

- Tried calling through different channels: direct endpoint and several external GWs. Same result in any case.
- Tried using the same endpoint to call a different box. It works as expected!. (this just to make sure it was not an endpoint issue).
- When I do a traffic capture on my computer (where my softphone is running) the RTP EVENT are not being sent! Is something being negotiated when the endpoint registers?
- Tried a hard phone. Same result.
- Tried different endpoints. Same result.

I have no idea what to look at. We have not done any configuration change on this server.

Any idea is highly welcome!

Thanks.

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
As usual. not had I posted this when I was told actually a change had been made. One of my colleagues was doing a review and he found out that according to the documentation, the external_rtp_ip and external_sip_ip variables should be set to the public IP (we are behind a pfSense FW) and so he did update it (luckily this was our test box). Well, I rolled it back to the default config and now everything is working.

Can anybody think of a good reason why only DTMF was affected? Is it that external_rtp_ip only affects RTP but not RTP EVENT? Then RTP EVENT traffic is somehow being disabled? (I am just making that up, I am not sure it makes a lot of sense).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.