Same Database - Different fusionpbx servers - Unable to call from one server to the other

Status
Not open for further replies.

abelitouci

Jul 3, 2019
Houston, Texas
Hello, we have 2 different servers sharing the same DB on AWS, the problem we are having is when trying to call from one domain on server 1 to a destination number on server 2 or vice versa, the server understand the phone number belongs to the same server and tries to locate it internally instead or going out thru the outbound dialplan.
Can any of you help, or please point in the right direction to get this resolved?

demonspork

May 30, 2018
FusionPBX does not support that. With multiple servers the best you can do is have some domains connect to one server and some on the other. I manage it via dns, each customer/domain dns record resolves to a specific server in the cluster, that entire customer has to be on the same server. I can change them to a different server.

Freeswitch has ways to handle this but there is a lot of overhead and caveats and fusion isn't built with it in mind.

abelitouci

Jul 3, 2019
Houston, Texas
That's exactly how we have it, Business 1 (domain 1) only connect to server 1, Business 2 on server 2...etc and we manage it on the DNS, everything working fine except when Business 1 tries to call Business 2 and vice versa.

We are resolving it by moving the businesses that may have a relationship to the same physical server but it's usually after they report the issue and because it implies making changes to the DNS, usually there is a small downtime...

Questions for the most experienced guys here, we have around 400 clients and close to 2K extensions.... what's the most you recommend on a single physical server? I have no problem with hardware, just worried about the software, threads, concurrent calls on a single server.

demonspork

May 30, 2018
I assume you are using the is_local dialplan then. That won't work with a cluster like that. If you want that capability you need to modify it extensively, something like do a dns lookup to find the appropriate server. You could also use Kamailio or opensips between you and your carrier.

demonspork

May 30, 2018
But 2k extensions is doable on a single server. Our peak server is 6000 but doesnt have any blf, which helps a lot.

demonspork

May 30, 2018
Just disable the is_local dialplan. Last time I was evaluating using it my bills had like $10 a month of actual cost for calls that would use it, so definitely not worth the engineering to try to get a local DID routing facility working for a multi server cluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.