segment gui from freeswitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjoli021

Jul 20, 2017
Hello,

I am building a freeswitch farm and would like to have FusionPBX manage it completely. Has anyone done this and or point me in the right direction? I would like to stand up a plain freeswitch box and connect it to FusionPBX. Then add or delete freeswitch boxes as needed. I know I can do this with the dispatcher module in Kamailio, but not sure how to go about it on FusionPBX. My goal is to have one WebGui and multiple freeswitch boxes running. I dont need a full blown FusionPBX for each server, just freeswitch.

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
I'm going to be that guy and say I'm looking for guidance on this as well. I think mrjoli021 is looking at it more for load balancing , etc but really I want to get the IO burden off the freeswitch box. Ideally I'd like to have a webui layer, database layer and freeswitch layer all on different boxes. The DB part should be pretty straightforward but the web ui is daunting.

John

Jan 23, 2017
Not exactly what you are looking for, but I think you are looking for unlimited expandibility. You can accomplish this using OpenStack. In fact, with this approach you will save a lot more on resources because you are adding independent hardware instead of adding operating systems. This is the most modern approach, and in line with large enterprise needs, but without having to start too big. This is the only way that you can reach unlimited expandability. Otherwise, even if you connect one FusionPBX installation to unlimited FreeSwitch servers, your FusionPBX web server hardware will finally run out of resources and expandibility, and will slow down if not totally stop working.

Cloud computing is another approach but would be much costlier for the same result, because they are also using OpenStack but selling it as a unique service.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.