Send caller to destination for simply leaving caller ID for call back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Methodz86

Apr 6, 2019
Hi Everyone,

One of my clients has request that inbound callers be able to simply request call back by leaving their number or at least email their Caller ID number through to an email address. I've looked around everywhere but can't quite find any posts to say if & how they achieved this.

One idea I had to achieve this was sending the caller in to an IVR which presented a few options however one of them being "Please press 2 to request a call back" which if they press 2 then sends them to a voice-mail box which then has it's own greeting to which does say "Please hang up after the tone" to have your number recorded and you will receive a call back. Obviously configured that particular mailbox to email out the message which should work in theory however upon testing if the inbound caller hangs up immediate after the tone , there is no message and hence no email come through.

I re-tested by not hanging up immediate and just held on the line until the FusionPBX voice-mail system voice said "Message saved Goodbye" and this happened after holding on for about 5 seconds and yes the email came through.

Has anyone had success with getting the voice-mail message to save and 'send email' even if the inbound caller does hang up immediate after the tone.

If not what about any sort of method to allow the inbound caller to just choose a single option to then have their Caller ID sent through to an email address should they choose this option? Any advice is appreciated

Methodz86

Apr 6, 2019
Sorry should of also mentioned versions as per below

FusionPBX 4.4.3 (Debian 9)
FreeSwitch 1.8.5 (64bit)

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
I dont think you can, there is a minimum message length time somewhere i think, you could try messing with the vm files but why dont you just put in the message "please speak your number" or something similar, even though they you wont use this it would also help if the caller has number withheld etc...

Methodz86

Apr 6, 2019
I dont think you can, there is a minimum message length time somewhere i think, you could try messing with the vm files but why dont you just put in the message "please speak your number" or something similar, even though they you wont use this it would also help if the caller has number withheld etc...

Hi Incubugs. Thank you for your input, I will give that a try and see if the client is happy.

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I believe this whole logic is flawed here for general use.

In general I think the use of caller ID is a bad idea. There are a number of situations where the caller ID is not presented and the caller has no control over it, or the caller will not be at that caller ID in the future, eg expecting a call later but rang in on desk phone and will be on cellphone later. Much better would be to get them to enter the number to call them back on or at least give them the option to do that should you use the detection method. Should you go down that route then you have to do some additional checks to make sure they haven't punched in a premium rate number etc.

Reactions: JamesBorne

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
I agree with Daz, just use a vm to email and get them to tell you what number they want a callback on..

Status
Not open for further replies.