Sending Different Caller ID per outbound route

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksstormmedia

Oct 24, 2021
Hi, new FusionPBX user coming from PBX in a Flash. In the Asterisk-based systems there was an easy way to set Caller ID info so the call looked local. For example, if I were dialing a number local to 706NXX, it would give my DID 706NXXXXXX, while if I used the same trunk to dial a number local to 316NXX it would show my 316NXXXXXX as Caller ID)

I've done some looking here and on the great and powerful Google (terms such as "difference Caller ID per outoing route FusionPBX" -- same thing for FreeSwitch) and come up short. Anyone have a pointer to a guide that could help me?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
The typical outbound route created by the GUI will include lines to set the caller id information using a variable from elsewhere in the dial plan (the extension information by default)
1635171120434.png
You can edit the effective_caller_id_number to equal the number you want to use for each different outbound route.

ksstormmedia

Oct 24, 2021
I'm sorry, I was not clear. All outgoing calls use the same gateway (vitelity-outbound). The user at extension 102 may call a number in the 706 area code then turn around and call a number in the 316 area code. I want the caller ID to show correctly for each of those calls, but to show the default for all other calls. And I want the caller ID to show the default for any calls made by user at extension 102.

To follow up on @ad5ou comment: how do I tell the switch to use outbound route 706NXX for all calls local to 706NXX? It seems like that's the place it needs to happen. Right now everyone is using the default route, and I don't see a way to specify which NXXNXX the route is used for.. I''m sure IO'm just missing it.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I understood roughly what you were looking for. My answer is still valid but will expand on it with your additional information.
In your setup, your existing outbound route is probably fine or could be edited for the "default caller id"
You will then need a new outbound route for calls to 706 and 316 area codes with a lower "order number" so it matches before the 'default' route.
Example:
1635271586492.png
The above expression will match any 10 or 11 digit calls with or without a "+" to 316xxxxxxx. The 7 digits after the area code are captured for use in the bridge statement. The "prefix" will add the area code to the number in the bridge statement. I'm not sure what number format vitelity expects, but if the + or 1 are needed, those can be added to prefix field also.
Using the details above you would end up with something similar to below. In the screen shot, I have edited the outbound CID to show as 3165551212
1635271987913.png
By default all new outbound routes are created as "order 100" change your existing route to order 105 then the area code specific routes can stay at order 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.